Saturday, September 26, 2009

Common Ground Fair: No Diet Coke

No White Flour At Common Ground
The Common Ground Fair
Crosby Brook Road
Unity, Maine 04988
(207) 568-4142

Hippies, hippies, hippies.... I am a hippie. Best crab roll available to mankind. Worst fried clam available anywhere. I am pretty sure the Common Ground Fair will not allow anyone to serve white flour. A Diet Coke would get you thrown out or drawn and quartered by the mule teams.


Go to Yogi's Travelling Kitchen for a monsterous crab roll on a toasted (not buttered and grilled) whole wheat bun. There wasn't any mayonaise that I could discern, but it would have been unecessary. The crab meat was so fresh, sweet and plentiful you didn't need anything. A roll with at least 1/2 pound of crab meat was a mere 10 bucks.

As for the fried clams, they were absolutely disgusting. They reminded me of the the chicken fingers from Twin Dragon chinese restaurant in Gloucester, but much worse. The batter expanded like the foam used to seal windows. It did that by absorbing an exponential amount of Hains hippy canola oil that was at way too low of a temperature. I could spend an entire day going off on those clams, but I won't. Maybe the lowly clam should not be attempted at the Common Ground Fair until white flour and commodity vegetable oil is allowed. I needed a Diet Coke to rid myself of the taste. Of all the reviews I've written this is only the second place to put me on death watch for the rest of the day. The Common Ground Fair is not the place you want lower GI distress. They only have the "blue lagoon" porta-potties.

Lobster and Crab Roll List

Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment