Thursday, June 13, 2013

Nance's Seafood Shanty- I have been Withholding......

Nance's Seafood Shanty
Route 123 (90 Barton Lane)
Harpswell, Maine 04079
207-504-1373


The fact that I am posting this now is a travesty-Nance deserves better. I have been there 3 times since 2012 and just haven't found the time to write a review. The photos are from my first visit, but still the same. Nance's is just over the Brunswick line in Harpswell.  An honest and genuine place that is always staffed by Nance herself. She'll ask if you want a toasted bun and/or lettuce- of course no lettuce and a toasted bun. The farm setting is beautiful and cool breezes come off the neck. There's shade to be found under her umbrella on hot August days.  I like coming during the State of Maine Air Show.

I've actually seen Nance shucking meat and you would know it was fresh and local by the tomalley staining.  I love seeing a little green in my lobster salad.  The prices are great for perfect rolls: $10 for a crab roll and $14 for a lobster roll. My only criticism is Nance can be a little heavy-handed with the mayo, but always perfect with the buttering of the roll.






If you don't feel like driving down to Erica's or Allen's this is the place.  I find it is better to go to Erica's, have a roll and then stop at Nance's for dessert: another roll- maybe a crab roll at one place and a lobster roll at another.


No comments:

Post a Comment