Monday, September 28, 2009

The Seafood Shack: Going Downeast

That's just beautiful!
The Seafood Shack
191 Route 1
Columbia, Maine 04623
(207) 483-2877

I had very low expectations, but I couldn't pass it up. If you put a sign in front of your establishment that makes a claim about a lobster roll it's as good as a personal invitation. I was pleasantly surprised. The ambiance leaves something to be desired, but it was a straight up textbook roll at a fair price. The meat had that elusive sweetness and just a touch of mayo. It came served on a buttered and grilled side-split hot dog bun without lettuce. I give the Shack a 10 for the roll and a 6 for location. The roll set me back 12 bucks in late summer of '09.


A definite stop for any lobster roll lover. Of all my lobster roll reviews only a handful of places have been able to deliver lobster at its sweetest and the Shack delivered. If their other offerings are as good as the rolls then try the lobster stew and let me know.

I had to come back and edit my review. After posting the photo and salivating on my laptop I realized that lobster roll ought to be in the Pantheon of rolls.

Lobster and Crab Roll List

No comments:

Post a Comment